Friday 17 May 2013

Mind Reader

People come our lives for a reason. You came into my to remind me that my feelings matter; you lose those who you love if you don't make them know about your feeling. How?  Resentment and anger builds up inside you because you think the other person doesn't care about you, when simply they misunderstood or didn't notice how you felt.  It's a break down of communication; and it builds up and builds up until you feel resentful and hard done by.

When I kept texting, I thought I was being kind and supportive, not intense and intrusive.  It hurt my feelings when you blocked me from Whatsapp, it still hurts me now. I felt like a little girl who got punished for being naughty, but she didn't  quite understand how she was being naughty when she thought she was being kind.  It would have been kinder to tell me to cool it, because you got freaked out. You did that last time you got overwhelmed by me and that made me feel that you could trust me to be sensitive to feelings; it gave me power; I could show you my support, which I want to do, in a way that was appropriate to how you felt.

Neither of us are mind readers and neither of us wants to hurt, upset or belittle the other. Our feelings are exclusive to us and we must express them when we need to, otherwise they make us angry, frustrated and sad.
You are in a bad place and you feel harassed and angry.  As I say, you are not selfish, so stop calling yourself that.  You are kind, loving and generous.  You are just insensitive at times.  Women expect men to be mind readers, but they are not, so they get upset when men do not read their minds..


Our relationship broke down because you are not a mind reader and I did not let you know how I felt.

I guess I came into your life at this critical time to support you, as I like to do, and more importantly to make you aware that although you are a lovely, loving man, you are oblivious to others feelings at sometimes.  It's not because you are selfish, it's because you are not a mind reader.  


I just wanted you to know that.  It's part of my story.


All my love XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment